cheap air fares and discount airline ticketsCayman Islands Airports     

Use a City Name or Airport Code for Flight Searches
Do Not Use a Nation Name or Airport Name in Any Manner


CityCodeAirport Name
Cayman Brac CYB       Gerrard-Smith Int'l
Grand Cayman GCM Owen Roberts Int'l
Little Cayman LYB Little Cayman Airport

Other
   
Cancun MX CUN Cancun International
Kingston JM KIN Norman Manley Int'l
Montego Bay JM MBJ Sangster Int'l

There are a number of airports in the Cayman Islands (or Caymans). However, not all Cayman Islands airports have regularly scheduled flights. In fact, some small airports have no regularly scheduled passenger services.

Some regional airports in the Cayman Islands are only served by small "local" airlines which do not make their fares available to major travel web sites. For flights out of that sort of city, you would need to research which airlines serve the city and locate their web site or phone number by any means you have at your disposal.

The Cayman Islands are an overseas territory of the United Kingdom in the western Caribbean Sea comprising the islands of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman. The capital and major city of the Cayman Islands is George Town, which is located on the south west coast of Grand Cayman.

All three islands were formed by large coral heads covering submerged ice age peaks of western extensions of the Cuban Sierra Maestra range and are mostly flat. One notable exception to this is The Bluff on Cayman Brac.

About 60% of the population is of mixed race (mostly mixed African-European). Of the remaining 40%, about half are Caucasian and half are of African descent. The islands are almost exclusively Christian, with large number of Presbyterians and Anglicans. Caymanians enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the West Indies. The vast majority of the population resides on Grand Cayman.

The economy of the Cayman Islands used to be built around turtling. However, this industry began to disappear in the 20th century and tourism and financial services began to become the economic mainstays during the 1970s. The United States is the Cayman Islands' largest trading partner.

Tourism accounts for 70-75% of the annual GDP of the Cayman Islands. Of the millions of tourists that visit the islands annually, 99% stay on Grand Cayman. George Town also serves as a major cruise ship port, which brings in 4,000-22,000 tourists a day, 5 days a week, depending on the number of ships in port.

Grand Cayman's major tourist attraction is the world-famous Seven Mile Beach on which most of the island's hotels and resorts are located. SMB is regarded by many as one of the best beaches in the world. Historical sites also attract visitors. As home to the Cayman Islands' capital and the majority of its population, a wider range of activities are available than on the other islands.

The Cayman Islands are also world famous as a scuba diving destination because of their crystal-clear waters and their proximity to the Cayman Wall. Cayman Brac and Little Cayman are also considered to be elite dive destinations. There are several snorkeling locations where tourists can swim with stingrays. Divers find two shipwrecks off the shores of Cayman Brac particularly interesting.
(airports)

Rent GPS Rental Garmin Magellan

Cayman Islands Airports

Cayman Islands flights in the Caymans


Search Flights for Cayman Islands & USA


Hotel Discounts Where You Fly
   
cheap hotels and discount hotel rates


Select Travel Maps & Guidebooks
travel mapstravel guides and travel books

airport parking reservations

world cell phones and global international cell
World-Wide Cell Phones

Rent or Buy Cheap!
Check Your Destination



More AirGorilla Features:

Medical Travel Insurance
Travel News and Travel Newsletter Deals
Travel Rewards Credit Cards
Accident Travel Insurance
Travelogues and Travelogs
Car Rental Cars
Airline Phones and Phone Numbers
Event Tickets and Show Tickets
International Health Insurance
Attraction Tickets and Admissions
Sports Tickets
Broadway Shows



bananas